Food insecure households are ones that worry about food running out, cannot afford balanced meals, and skip meals because they cannot afford food. Atlantic County has some of the highest rates of food insecurity in both the state of New Jersey and nationally.
Did you know…
- One in five (18%) Atlantic County residents said that they have run out of food.
- Fourteen percent of Atlantic County residents have skipped a meal because of inadequate funds.
- At 17.1%, Atlantic County surpassed the national rate for child food insecurity.
Atlantic City has an abundance of resources for individuals facing food insecurity.
This summer, SOAC Multimedia Content Producer Emily Montgomery took an in-depth look at what resources the city has to offer by chatting with some of our community’s leading food providers. Take a look at what she found!
A Message from Hunger Free New Jersey
PARA OBTENER MÁS INFORMACIÓN, HAGA CLIC AQUÍ.
Below you will find:
- Community food resource profiles.
- A calendar of food distribution events.
- A list of local pantries.